This 17 acre lake was leased by CAA in 1984. It has an irregular shore line, giving good natural protection from wind. Depths vary from 3 to over 20 feet, giving good sport in all weather conditions.
A few years ago a pike of 33lb was caught.
Carp to 27lb
Pike to 23lb
Catfish to 37lb
Tench to 4lb
Bream to 5lb
Roach to 2lb
Perch to 1.5lb
Guest tickets can be purchased online or by writing to membership secretary.
Please print PAYPAL receipt and produce to the bailiff on request.
1. Only one Guest ticket per member per day.
2. Guest tickets valid from 6am to 10pm.
3. Guest tickets are non-refundable / non-transferable.
4. Failure to produce PayPal receipt to a bailiff on request will result in you and your guest having to leave the lake.
Enter your post code in the box below for directions and google map to Tufnell Mere gate. Or click the expand button above to get detailed direction
Brentwood A12 Junction (15 ) Harlow/Chelmsford
1. At junction 15, take the A414 exit to Harlow/Chelmsford (0.2 mi)
2. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Three Mile Hill/A414 heading to Harlow/Chelmsford Continue to follow A414 Go through 1 roundabout (2.2 mi)
3. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Waterhouse Ln/A138 Continue to follow A138 (1.4 mi)
4. Slight left at Pkwy/A138
5. Slight left at Rainsford Rd/A1060 Continue to follow A1060 (0.8 mi)
6. Turn right at Chignall Rd (1.0 mi)
7. Turn left to stay on Chignall Rd (0.2 mi)
8. Continue onto Chignal Rd (0.8 mi)
9. Continue onto Woodhall Hill (0.5 mi)
10. Turn right (0.5 mi)
11. Take the 1st right (0.5 mi)
Colcherster A12 Junction (20b ) Hatfield Peverel
1. At junction 20b, exit onto The St/B1137 toward Hatfield Peverel Continue to follow B1137 (2.4 mi )
2. Turn right at Waltham Rd (2.0 mi)
3. Turn left toward Wheeler's Hill (1.5 mi)
4. Continue straight onto Wheeler's Hill (0.4 mi)
5. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Essex Regiment Way/A130 (0.8 mi)
6. At Braintree Rd, take the 1st exit onto Braintree Rd/B1008 Continue to follow B1008 (0.9 mi)
7. Turn right at Chelmsford Rd (0.2 mi)
8. Turn left at Lark's Ln (1.1 mi)
There are two ways to Join Chelmsford Angling Association by post or online.
Please choose your option below.
Membership Form Join Online Now
For all membership enquiries please contact the membership secretary.
Telephone: 07840 881970 (6pm - 8pm)