Owned by the Association, the fishery is situated in 10 acres comprising 3 lakes, 6½, 1½ and ¼ acre plus 2 stock ponds (which are not fished). The Mere and The Back Lake were restocked in 1996 and 1997 with 20,000 mixed species. There is plenty of natural food and weed cover during the summer months.
Common Carp go to 35 lbs with several mirror carp to low 30s. Tench 9lb, Bream 10lb, Perch 4lb, Pike 23lb, eels 8 lb. There are large shoals of Rudd and Roach with the later reaching 1 lb 8 oz. Night fishing available with a valid permit. Open for fishing from 1st May.
Guest tickets are now available via the members area. please login via the CAA home page.
If you experiance any issues please call 07973359172
Enter your post code in the box below for directions and google map to Boreham Mere gate. Or click the expand button above to get detailed direction
Brentwood A12 Junction (19 ) Boreham
1. At junction 19, take the A130 exit to Sudbury/Braintree/Chelmsford (0.2 mi)
2. At the roundabout, take the 5th exit onto A130/B1137 heading to Colchester/London/A12/Basildon/Southend/Boreham (0.3 mi)
3. At the roundabout, take the 4th exit onto A138/B1137 heading to Boreham Continue to follow B1137 (1.5 mi)
4. The Cock Public House - turn left at Waltham Rd 0.6 mi
Colchester A12 Junction (20b) Hatfield Peverel
1. At junction 20b, exit onto The St/B1137 toward Hatfield Peverel
2. Continue to follow B1137 (2.4 mi)
3. The Cock Public House - turn left at Waltham Rd 0.6 mi
Entrance to fishery is just past “Herons” bungalow, prior to entrance to industrial units.
Entrance to The Folly is next left down the dirt track road.
Join Online Now
For all membership enquiries please contact the membership secretary.
Telephone: 07840 881970 (6pm - 8pm)